Friday 1 August 2014

Payday makeup haul

My favourite day of the month... PAYDAY! So of course I treated myself to a few new pieces to add to my collection.


Soap and Glory, well known for their body and skin care products, in my opinion also have some of the best makeup. The Thick & Fast mascara is a cult beauty product and the newest addition is the Flash Extensions Effect Mascara which has the promise of your lashes being mistaken for fake ones! I also got 2 of the Smoulder Khol waterproof eyeliners in Cocoa Bean and SuperBlack. They come with sharpeners on the lids and are so soft that they smudge beautifully on the lash line and they perfectly define the waterline. No more forgetting your sharpener in your makeup bag on your travels!


I also picked up 2 blushers Natural collections Peach Melba and No7's Honey, both are beautiful neutral peachy coloured blushes which look stunning on both fair and tanned skin. Honey has a slight shimmer and is bronzey compared to Peach Melba which is matte and more pink based.



Now on to the lip products, Baby Lips by Maybelline are one of my favourite lip balms not only are they moisturising they also have a good colour pay off and the new Electro collection doesn't disappoint. I picked up Berry Bomb a stunning electric purple which when applied gives a sheer purple glow and it smells delicious. I also got one of Sleeks True Colour Lipsticks in Exxxaggerate, yes thats really how many X's are in the name! I already have Russian Roulette from Sleek another matte lipstick, the same formula as Exxxaggerate and not only is it moisturising the colour is bold and long lasting. 




Last but not least my favourite purchases, these are my first full size purchases from Benefit and I'm in love! I picked up the Hydra-Smooth Lip Colour in Talk Flirty a dusty pink rose colour which applies smoothly (like the name says it should) and the packaging reminds of an art deco Great Gatsby-ish style. I also got one of Benefits renowned box powders in Hervana, a good karma powder, which has 4 beautiful shades which when swirled together look stunning on the cheekbones which Benefit describes as achieving Hervana.



What do you splurge on when payday comes around? Let me know in the comments, thank you for reading!

Lots of love Emily x











1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've nominated you for The Libester Award, for the rules and more information check out my blog post :) http://xdaisyqueenx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete