Saturday 23 August 2014

Clinging on to summer



As the summer is coming to an end I needed to cheer myself up and whats the best way of doing that? Say it with me, retail therapy, well of the online kind anyway.

ELF is an amazing yet affordable online make up company which ships and delivers in next to no time. I ordered on monday and I got it on Tuesday just in time for the weekend! Not only is delivery fast its free when you spend £20 or more but the best thing is the 30% off when you spend over £20 with the code 300814. It just keeps getting better right?

So lets get down to it, I bought a body shimmer stick which is a lovely creamy consistency recommended for use on the body to highlight and draw attention to your best assets, but I think I'm going to use it as a cream eyeshadow base due to the lovely bronzey colour and my passion for nude eyeshadows.

I have heard so much about ELF's mascara primer after many years of watching and reading Becca Rose's blog and channel so I caved and finally bought it. I can honestly say after using it once I noticed a difference not in the length of my lashes but definitely the volume.

I also picked up a lipstick a pinky red coral in the colour Fearless, its ok and does the job, has good colour pay off and for £1.95 you cant go wrong.

Before I have bought ELF's complete coverage concealer palette and I adore it, with 4 shades of concealer available to cover any imperfection I thought I would try the corrective concealer palette. It has 4 shades a pink, a blue, a green and a yellow. These random colours do the job and I especially like the green to counteract any redness!

A repurchase for me is the eyebrow kit, with a gel and a powder to tame my brows its perfect and compact with a tiny brush for on the go.

The last thing from ELF was the contouring blush and bronzer duo in Antigua, now on the website I was thinking wow this could be a dupe for Nars Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush. Well the blush is stunning and is a beautiful pink with golden shimmer, the bronzer however had a lot of shimmer and was (in my opinion) a tad muddy looking.

Finally as a little treat to myself for getting into uni I bought Daisy Delight by Marc Jacobs, I cannot for the life of me describe scents but this one smells so good and I'm not normally a floral person when it comes to fragrances!

Whats your favourite fragrance? Comment below and thank you for reading!

Lots of Love 
Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment